Updated: May 5, 2021
The NYIDII hair care routine helps create an environment that allows the growth of healthy, natural 4C hair. We use different herbs, flowers, and fruits, at certain stages of the hair cycle to feed and maintain healthy hair, and retain length.
1. The first stage we will start from is when you have just taken your hair out from a protective
style, be it braids, extensions, weave etc. Due to buildup of products we usually see the white residue at the end of the new growth and at the beginning of the old hair, do not and I repeat do not go at it with a brush immediately. This will lead to breakage and your hair growth stagnant. What we direct you to do is use the NYIDII Pre-Poo product and generously apply to each section of the hair you have take out. Using the detangler brush and gently brush out your hair from the tips of the hair, working your way to the top. Once you can smoothly run the brush through the section twist it up and work on the next section. The NYIDII Pre-Poo softens the residue so that it slides out without breaking your hair strand. It also adds moisture and nutrients to your hair. If you are busy during the day and only have enough time to detangle your hair, you can wear a headscarf around it and go about your day till the next day, or if you have plenty of time you can go on to the next stage.
2. Washing your hair. Do not remove the twists on your hair, as we explained on our earlier blog during this treatment cycle we do not wash our hair at once, instead we wash it section by section. So undo one twist and shampoo your hair with the NYIDII African Black Soap Shampoo, make sure you wash it well to remove all the residue and do not scrub using your finger nail tips, you need to scrub using your finger pads. After washing, twist up that section of hair and go on to the next section until all is washed. The NYIDII African Soap shampoo helps cleanse your scalp and hair, conditions, and promotes increased elasticity and flexibility of the hair. The nourishing, healing, and anti-inflammatory oils include tea tree, and rosemary, to help create a healthy environment for increased hair growth.
3. Deep Conditioner. This is an important part of the process as it allows the hair cuticles to
open up and soak in the nutrients from the NYIDII Avocado Deep Conditioner. Leaving your hair hydrated and nourished. Avocado strengthens and protects your hair like no other oil. The reason avocado oil is beneficial for hair is because it contains an abundance of monounsaturated fats, proteins, copper, folic acid, magnesium, and minerals that strengthen the building blocks of your hair. In fact, avocado oil contains healthy doses of vitamin E and B. Vitamin E is a good ingredient because it strengthens the hair follicles and repairs damage caused by harsh chemical treatments. Use the same process you used when washing your hair in terms of sectioning, and instead apply the deep conditioner; combing through to make sure the deep conditioner reaches all hair strands, in particular the ends of the hair. Once complete tie a plastic bag over your head and place a shower cap over it. If you want to cut down the time you can go under a hair dryer for 20-30 minutes, otherwise without the hair dryer it would require between 40-60 mins. Once the time is complete rinse with warm water and gently towel dry.
4. Oil Sealant. Apply the NYIDII Hair/Scalp oil to your scalp and also your hair, then gently massage your scalp for 5 mins. Also apply around your edges to stimulate blood circulation. The NYIDII hair/scalp oils are mixed with an amazing blend of beneficial oils, that protect, nourish and promote strong, and healthy hair growth. Every day for 6 days, after deep conditioning your hair you would need to moisturise by misting your hair with water, leaving it to absorb for 5 mins before applying the NYIDII Hair/Scalp oil.
5. On the 7th day each week for 3 weeks you'll then need to apply the NYIDII Fenu-lic Mask.
It has an easy application nozzle to get it directly on your scalp, then massage into your hair. Once complete cover with a plastic bag, shower cap, then allow it to sit for 40-60 mins (if not using a hair dryer onto the shower cap). Rinse out after time is up and apply the NYIDII Hair growth oil. This Fenu-lic Mask can also be done whilst having your hair in a protective style.
6. On the 7th day of the 4th week you would need to start the stages of preparing to wash by applying the NYIDII Pre-poo as mentioned in the beginning.
After every wash day it is imperative to put your hair in a protective style, this could be weave, braids, or twists to protect it from breakage. When you have your hair at a length you feel comfortable wearing out you can do so, but when you do, each night you must either protect your hair by sleeping with a hair bonnet or putting your hair in twists.
I am fortunate enough to learn the skill of braiding my own hair, but for those who wish to do twists or braids for a protective style, it is important and crucial to inform the hair stylist to not make them tight otherwise your growth journey would be in vain. Putting stress on your scalp and also making it more susceptible to breakage.
To purchase any of the NYIDII hair care routine products click here to be directed to our shop page. Also we are here to help you along the way so feel free to ask us any questions in regards to the cycle and we will be more than ready to help. Email us at email@example.com or send us messages on our facebook page or instagram page @nyidii.